Saturday, October 16, 2010

So last night was the "late nighter" at church. Whenever I tell anyone that they ask "for high school or junior highers"? To which I laugh and say elementary kids. The horrified looks on their faces is pretty funny. Followed by "they do that for their age"?

YES, YES we do.

It really was a great time. We had a Minute To Win It theme. The kids all loved it. It was so entertaining to see them attempt some of these games. They were some of the funniest games I have ever seen kids do. There was one point during the night where I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard. I was rolling on the ground as well during this. I really wish that there was a way to explain to you exactly what the kids were doing that was so funny, but there is just no way to do it justice without seeing it.

It is nights like this that make me sure that God has me exactly where He wants me. And that make me love my church all the more.

I do have to admit that today I feel like I was hit by a bus, or to be exact, 124 little running screaming buses. At one point during the night these two little girls approached me. They looked at me and proceeded to tell me "Miss Stacy promised we would have a lot of sugar..." to which I replied "Are you telling me you haven't had enough"? (Not a wise question to ask a third grader!!) Their little voices retaliated with a "NO!!" I had to laugh. I have never seen kids eat so much sugar and snacks in my life. It is quite impressive what those little ones can devour.

But like I said, it was a great night. Now I just need to catch up on some sleep!

No comments: