Saturday, October 23, 2010

Christmas is coming!!

So tonight my sisters and I picked who we would have for Christmas! We do a "secret santa" type thing. I use the word secret loosely. Last year by the time it got to Christmas we all knew who each other had. The simple process of deduction. For example, I knew I had Kim last year. My mom let it slip who Anna had, and before long I figured out who Renee had, therefore I knew who Kim had. So rather than trying to be sneaky again this year we just told each other who we had. And now we can start shopping early. I love that we started this last year. It really is the greatest thing ever! It saves so much money, and you can put more effort into a single gift. Besides, with Violet and the twins, I have other shopping I would rather do!

Also, Kim booked their tickets to come and visit for December. I don't know if I could be more excited! Around here we wait for them to come visit. We relish the time we have with them, and then they leave and we live for them to come back!

But, with them coming for Christmas means that it is tamale making time! One of my favorite times of the year! My mouth is watering just thinking about them! Christmas time is definitely in the air!

No comments: