Sunday, June 27, 2010

What was I thinking?

For those of you who know me, you know that I love to be busy. Every now and then I love my days off where I can just lounge around and do nothing. But I think I was a little over ambitious today with the being busy thing.
Yesterday was a wonderful day. I met up with some friends to watch the USA vs. Ghana game. As sad of a game as it was, it was fun just to be with friends. As soon as the game ended, we rushed (and I say that as in getting ready for a wedding in 20 minutes is unheard of for me) and headed out the door for a wedding. Some friends of mine from college got married yesterday. It was such a fun wedding. And such an honor to be a witness to their love. Anyways, we didn't get home from the wedding until 1am. At which point Adrienne and I decided to she would come stay at my house since we had plans of watching the 7am England vs. Germany game. You think 7am sounds ambitious, we took it one step further and attempted to get to the pub before 6:30 in an attempt to get a seat rather than stand for 2 hours for the game. We got there at 6:15 to see quite the line in the parking lot. I was a little upset considering the effort put into getting a seat. But come what may, we did not get a seat, and ended up standing next to some of the drunkest men I may have ever met. I am pretty sure they started last night and drank all through the night and were still drinking at 7am. Luckily after the first two goals scored by Germany we left. Right before England scored their first goal, and their second one was not counted. I am especially happy about this because I was not looking forward to having the beer those men were drinking showered over me. I already had it spilled all over my feet. We ended up watching the rest of the game at someone's house. And then Adrienne and I headed to the 9am service at church. By the time that was over I was starved, so we went to In and Out. It was amazing, but also kind of irrelevant to this story. So after that we headed back to watch the Argentina vs. Mexico game. I have to admit, I am rather enjoying watching these games. I can see why there are such dedicated fans. So after that game we headed back to church for a 2 hour Vacation Bible School training/meeting. I headed into the meeting with a jar (my favor from the wedding the night before could not have been better) full of m&m's in an attempt to stay awake. The 4 1/2 hours of sleep I got the night before was just not cutting it. They worked, I stayed awake the whole time. Can I just tell you all how excited I am for Vacation Bible School this summer? I love the vision and the curriculum. And on top of getting to participate in it here in Orange County, I get the privilege of doing it two more times while I am in Haiti. This is going to be one amazing month. I can hardly wait for all that is in store for me.
All that was originally to say how exhausted I am today. But it is so worth it.

No comments: