Monday, January 26, 2009

Meeting the nephews

So I got back late last night from one of the most amazing trips of my life.  I got to meet my nephews for the first time.  And I am convinced that they are the cutest babies I have ever met.  I know I am biased, but I mean come on, they are absolutely perfect.  



I dare you to disagree.  

Anyways, I took a red eye flight out Wednesday night.  As great as that sounded originally, I flew out at 9:30 pm and landed in New York around 5 am.  I had a 2 hour layover, which I am sure is needless to say was a pretty sleepless night.  Then I flew out of there to DC and landed at 8:30.  I could seriously hardly wait to get in the car.  I had a pleasant surprise awaiting me in the car, yup, you guessed it, the boys were with Kim.  I instantly fell in love.  It took everything for me not to crawl through the car to the back seat to be with those boys.  The instant we walked through that front door, I don't think I put whichever baby it was that I was holding down for a good 5 hours.  Kim and I each had one baby and took a nap on the couches.  It was absolutely perfect.  It was a perfect first day with the boys.  Mrs. O'Malley was there as well.  It was a perfect weekend.  After all the relaxation on Thursday, we decided to be adventurous and take the boys to Mount Vernon.  We walked around and just enjoyed the "great" weather, which was in the 30's.  Not really my idea of great weather  considering I left California when it was in the 70's.  But oh well, I sucked it up and we had a lot of fun.  After walking around Mount Vernon we went to Old Town Alexandria.  Probably my favorite town that I have ever seen.  It is just so cute and quaint.  We had lunch at a great little french bistro.  Then we headed home.  Another great but very long and tiring day.  Who would have thought two such tiny babies could be so much work.  Saturday we decided to attempt to go to a museum.  We made it through one exhibit (The First Ladies exhibit- which was not even finished) and then we had to head home to feed the babies.  Those little things can eat like I have never seen.  Other than that it was a pretty mellow trip.  I only had to do two midnight feedings, and I was lucky because Mrs. O'Malley was there right by my side.   Sunday was a sad day because it meant leaving those amazing boys behind.  The only helpful thing is that I know I will get to see them in like a month.  Until that day I will continue to stalk them via Kim's blog and Brandon's facebook.  
                             

No comments: