Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So it is official, I am going to New York for in like 2 1/2 weeks, but the bonus to that deal is that they are sending me to DC first to visit my nephews. It is a part of my compensation for the long hours that I will be working while I am in New York. By long hours, we are talking like waking up at 8am (at the latest) eastern time when Kimberlee has to go into the office. And then, being with the baby all day till she gets back from the office. We are talking like 12 hour days at the least. The point in all that is to say that I get to go to DC to see my nephews. And I am ecstatic. Other than that, today has been an interesting day. Taking care of grandma hit its climax when Renee dropped her off at the nursing home to find it completely inadequate. Little things like not having pillows on the beds to not having a channel changer. Now my grandma is pretty self sufficient when it comes to being able to be left alone for like an hour at a time, but hello, what is she supposed to do without a channel changer? Do they expect the handicapped to just start walking around so they can change the channel whenever they desire? Doesn't sound like the smartest thing I have ever heard. Anyways, Renee got home from the gym at like 8ish, and had just gotten off the phone with my grandma. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. And her true feelings definitely came out. She left pretty quickly to go pick my grandma up and take her home, seeing as how they had not given her medicine since she got there. Poor Renee. She is so stressed out about this. And the point in putting my grandma there was because all three of us have to work the next few days. So now we are frantically trying to find a new nursing home. So that was a bit of added drama. Other than that, it was kinda mellow. I got off work almost half an hour late because Kimberlee had to run to the grocery store, which was fine. Then I had to go to Balboa Island where I was supposed to clean two hot tubs. Well they weren't home. So I turned around and headed home. I attempted to pick up the bake at home kind of pizza from the store, but I was so distracted I picked up the wrong kind, so Anna and I had to go back to the store and exchange the pizza. I thoroughly embarrassed Anna (not entirely sure how) which was kinda fun. Since we have been watching The Biggest Loser and vegging on the couch. It is always a nice treat to just be able to relax, seeing as how I don't get to do too much of it during the days. I love my job, and I can not wait to be a mother, but at times one of the best parts of my job is being able to leave and come home to peace and quiet every night. Anyways, all my excitement lies in the fact that in 2 weeks from tomorrow I will be leaving to fly to DC where I will FINALLY get to meet my nephews. The joy is beyond words.

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

We can't wait for you to come Rachel!!