Sunday, February 1, 2009

Well, it is Superbowl Sunday, and I guess technically I am watching the game, although unless I look at the TV I don't think I could tell you who was playing  :-) Other than vegging on the couch while the game has been on, I have had a pretty productive day.  
This morning I went to church, which was an amazing sermon on 1 Corinthians 1.  It is a great series thus far, and we are only 3 weeks in.  After church Anna, Grandma and I went to In and Out.  It was pretty good, except for the fact that the closest one is 15 minutes away.  Then we dared to venture to the pool.  But by the time we got there most of the pool was shaded so we only got to lay in the sun for about 45 minutes, but I will count my blessings and be thankful considering the weather most of the US is facing.  I believe it was last Thursday that Orange County was considered the hottest place in the country.  Pretty crazy, but I loved every minute of it.  After the pool I started to make the Valentines Day cookies that I am sending to Jon.  Pictures will come, the dough is still in the chilling stage.  
Now I am trying to motivate myself to get up and pack.  I leave tomorrow afternoon to go to San Francisco with the family that I nanny for.  It should be pretty fun, I have not been there in like 10 years.  But getting up the energy to head into the city with an 8 month old is pretty hard  and rare.  
But today is the first day of February which marks the month that Kim and Brandon and the babies come to visit.  It is only like a little over three weeks till they come.  And while they are here we are celebrating Grandma's 70th birthday.  Which always brings out relatives which calls for a good time.  Yesterday two of my grandma's cousins and their spouses were here to visit her.  We went out to eat at the Claim Jumper and they thought we were hilarious.  I have yet to figure out why people find us so funny.  I would not mind being an outsider and watching the interaction once. My sisters and I have this endearing quality where we all try to speak over the other.  So it tends to get rather loud when we are all together.  Luckily they had us in a private banquet room so we did not have to fear about disturbing the other customers.  It was a great lunch.  Hopefully everyone will come out for my grandma's birthday.  If not, at least it will be my sisters and I together again which always calls for some good times.  And now we have the added blessing of the babies.  Which by the way Kim, I would just like to say I told you so, because today when we were at the pool Renee kept pulling the "well I have not seen them yet" card.  She is like I should get to pick them up from the airport, I should get to do this, I have not seen them yet. Blah blah blah.  Anyways, my point is that I TOLD YOU SO.  Well, on that high note, I really need to get motivated and go and pack.  Thankfully it is a short trip which means that I don't have to pack all that much.  


No comments: