Thursday, January 1, 2009

Love

So I have fallen in love (with my nephews) and I have not even met them.  I am definitely am a very biased aunt.  I think they are pretty much the cutest babies ever.  And the idea of not meeting them for like a month and a half is pretty much unbearable!  Currently I am thinking of ways to get time off of work to fly out there.  I have been working 50 hour weeks, so getting time off is quite difficult.  But even if it is only for like 3 days, I would totally go just so I could have the chance to cuddle with my nephews.  I have never checked two websites (facebook and Kim's blog) more in my life.  To even get a glimpse of them is pretty much the highlight of my day.  Now comes the more serious plotting of getting to DC sometime this month.  And or just convincing Kim to come to Seattle when I am there for my friend Karin's wedding.  Although it is not much, seeing them a week earlier seems like eternity right now.  Even though I know Kim is the only person who reads this, here are some of my favorite photos of my nephews that I have stolen from their websites.  




Jackson David

Cullen Scott


Anyways, other than being an internet junkie and stalking my nephews, I have been working quite a bit.  But over the holidays I have been blessed with getting some time off.  Which has come in quite helpful with trying to beat this cold.  Last week I had Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and even the day after Christmas off.  This week I had New Years day off, and I even get to go in late tomorrow, the day after New Years day.  It will be rather nice to get to go to bed early AND get to sleep in.  On top of work, this week my sisters (Renee and Anna) and I get to take care of my grandma so that my mom can be in DC with the babies and Kim and Brandon.  It is nice for her, but it does add a bit of stress to our week.  Not because we don't want to take care of her, but because all three of us work, and coordinating our schedules is a bit of a challenge.  Tomorrow will be the hardest day.  Anna and I both start work at 10, and Renee at 12:30, but that leaves at least a 2 hour gap until Anna gets off that no one is able to take care of grandma.  So we are attempting to get a nurse to be there during that time.  Hopefully it will all work out.  If not, grandma thinks she can be alone that long, but it is a bit scary for us to leave her there alone that long.  (Kim, you better appreciate all of our hard work, we are only doing this for you)  Anyways, tomorrow will be a challenge, but grandma does want to take the three of us out to PF Changs for dinner, so that is a positive.  
Anyways, I have spent enough time away from staring at my nephews, I better return to what I have made my temporary job.  

No comments: