Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Who would have thought...

Well, I am in New York AGAIN!  

I got to fly home last Friday so that I could welcome Jon home from Iraq on Saturday.  It was one of the craziest happiest feelings that I have ever had.  It is hard to explain the feeling, but it is this overwhelming joy.  The welcome home clips they show on the news are so accurate.  Seeing all the families just lined up and ecstatic, it is a great feeling.  So anyways, needless to say, Saturday was a great day.  And it was topped off with a trip to Downtown Disney!  Oh, and we can not forget the beignets.  Talk about a mouthful of amazingness.  

Sunday was also a great day.  Obviously it was Easter, which brought an amazing Easter service.  I also had the privilege of volunteering with the baptisms.  It was so powerful.  Worship was amazing, followed by a great message, where Mike (the pastor) taught baptism by doing one, and then opening it up to anyone and everyone.  I was back stage taking down information from all of the people.  Having them walk up to me crying, or with the biggest smile on their face, so moving and powerful.  

After that we headed home to enjoy an AMAZING Easter dinner.  We had steak, lamb, chicken, like 5 different vegetables, rice pilaf, potatoes, 3 different breads, fruit, and some amazing desserts to top it all off.  We also had like 15 people there (hence the insane amount of food).  It was a great time of hanging out, eating, relaxing, and of course sleeping.  It would not be an Ortiz event if there was no sleeping involved.  

And after Sunday comes Monday, which was quite dreaded.  I really did not want to travel again, but I did, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Minus the cold that I swear I get every time I travel, I am doing quite well for being back in the cold weather of New York.  It gets a bit depressing when I look at the weather reports for back home, and then for here, but when I think of it being in the mid 80's next weekend, I get a bit cheered up.  It will be a weekend full of tanning and relaxing.  And it is very much needed.  

Well, I should probably go to bed pretty soon, the morning comes very quickly over here.  

No comments: