Sunday, April 5, 2009

Well... we finally made it!
It has been one long day!  It started off great.  I went to church before the airport, service was fantastic.  We are preparing for Easter next sunday, and we have something called Seek Week all this next week (which I am bummed to be missing), but service today was about working on preparing your heart.  
After that it was straight to the airport.  I had to meet the family I nanny for and begin preparing mentally for a very LONG week!  FYI, traveling with a baby is NOT easy!  That kid has more luggage than his mom and I combined.  5 checked bags later, we are still toting his stroller and 4 carry-ons.  Can we talk about a sore back?  Oh, and not to mention, our flight was delayed.  How I have yet to figure out, considering the airport had 4 terminals.  All of which shared a waiting room.  Anyways, it was a long but good flight.  Dylan is a great traveler. He is just so mobile now that he hates sitting still.  I guess it could be worse.
Once we landed stinking Jet Blue could not get their act together.  They had no idea what baggage claim had what flight.  Our flight attendants said baggage claim 3.  Baggage claim 2 had our information posted above it.  Some of the luggage was on both.  Who would have thought.  Oh well, the car service was nice enough to wait.  On our way out to the curb though, I caught a glance at the line for a taxi.  I thought the 20 people waiting when we were in Europe was bad.  OH NO!  Not even close.  Let's talk about 100+ people.  That is just plain nuts!  
But high note, our hotel is really nice.  It isn't your typical hotel though.  It is like an apartment.  It has a kitchen, living room, bathroom and separate bedroom.  Which is great considering Dylan and I will be spending a lot of time here this week.  And he does not know how to sit still.  At least there are no stairs for him to climb here.  
Well, it is getting late, and Dylan has no concept of sleeping through the night, let alone what time to wake up, so I better hit the hay.  PRAY FOR ME!  


No comments: