Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh New York...

Well another day has come and gone, and I am all the more ready to go home.  

I swear every person I have talked to from California has found the need to remind me that it has been hot there and that they are getting tan.  Meanwhile I am freezing over here wearing boots and a peacoat.  Don't get me wrong, it was a good reason to break out some cute fall/winter clothes again, but I am a flip-flops and shorts kind of girl!  I love hot weather!  Last weekend I was laying by the pool.  This week I have been planning my outings around the weather report.  No thank you!

Other than the cold weather, New York has been fun.  

I have actually gone out and done things this time.  Today I was really adventurous and took a taxi (with Dylan strapped to my side- you don't have to have a car seat in NY) down to the Museum of Natural History and Art.  Probably the best museum for taking a small child to yet.  Dylan loved it.  And I was especially fond of it because it was the museum in Nanny Diaries.  Call me cheesy, I don't care.  Anyways, the taxi ride there was so much work, with a stroller, diaper bag and child, that on the way home I decided to walk.  It was about 40 blocks.  It was a good walk.  We started out in Central Park.  Which I am partial to, because I love Law and Order.  I was really hoping to see them filming, but no suck luck.  Then I walked up 6th avenue to our hotel which is right next to Time Square.  Our living room is glowing right now with the lights from there.  

Oh, and side note/story.  Dylan is notorious for losing shoes in New York.  Always on the first day.  We didn't even make it out of the airport this time.  So anyways, I had to go to Toys-R-Us today in an attempt to replace the missing shoe.  Mistake number one was attempting to go into the one in Time Square.  It is like a circus.  Literally.  Mistake number two was pushing a stroller in there.  And to top it off, mistake number three, taking a sleeping baby into a circus.  He was no longer sleeping when we left.  Oh well, you live you learn.  

After reading this posting, and my last posting, I am beginning to realize how much my life revolves around my job.  I love my job, but when I post more stories from work than anything else, I begin to find it a bit depressing.  Oh well, it really won't stop me.  I am sure the next post will be the same!