Thursday, February 11, 2010


So, it has been a while since I last blogged....




But, in my defense, I have been being pretty productive...


This is my new hobby, making cards!


All of these birthday ones are made with cross-stitch thread. I could spend hours doing this... oh wait... I already do!

Oh, and I spend WAY too much money at Michael's and Joanne's as well!


These baby carriage ones are Renee's baby shower invites (sorry if I ruined the surprise for anyone)! I had sooo much fun making them, but they were very hard to make as well! Hopefully they make it through our postal system in one piece! They are on pink cards, and the carriage is made out of paper that is 1/8th of an inch thick. I have this quilling tool (which is one of my favorite tools ever) which is how I got all of the cute spirals! I also made some of my Valentine cards with the same tool!

And the last of my pictures (not cards) is made out of yarn. They are super cute, but thick because you basically thread the yarn through hole punches. They turn out adorable, but you have to add a backing on the inside so you don't see the ugly side of the heart!



Every time I have a long weekend I pull out all my craft supplies, (much to my mother's dismay) and work away for a few days. I absolutely love my new hobby!

4 comments:

Ann-Dennis Leger said...

Rachel--your cards are wonderful. You are very creative. Thanks for blogging

Kimberlee said...

Those are sooo cute!! I love them! I can't wait to get by baby shower invitation!

steph said...

Uuummmm, I only complain when it is 5 days later and we still cannot sit at the kitchen table for a meal. I don't even mind vacuuming up all of the yarn off the floor. Thank you for making the baby shower invites.

Renee Wallstrom said...

In my defense Kim, I offered to help with the invitations because I knew they would be time consuming, but she didn't trust me lol. I don't know why, I mean.. I'm crafty, right?!