Sunday, May 3, 2009

Last week I had a flashback to my younger years.  Somewhere in my junior high years my parents purchased a basketball hoop for the pool.  It provided years of entertainment.  So much entertainment, that when we moved from California back to Washington we brought it with us.  A plastic pool toy!  I have no idea where it went after that, but it brought back many good memories.  




After having this flashback I went to every store imaginable looking for it.  No one sold it.  How sad!  So then I started to look online and I found it.  So exciting.  So this last Saturday we decided to break it out.  We had my Aunt, Uncle, two of my cousins, my sisters Anna and Renee, Jon, Brent, my mom and myself.  It was quite the physical game.  There were many fouls, many faces full of water, and a few scratches. We even scared one woman out of the pool who was trying to swim laps.  I mean seriously, what was she thinking?   Basketball so takes priority over swimming laps.  It didn't take long until we were all too tired to continue.  I am so excited for the rest of summer!  

1 comment:

Ann-Dennis Leger said...

Hi Rachel--Actually I think Papa Dennis and I bought this for you when you were living in Corona. We had come out when Kimmie turned 13.
You were the one who knew how to put it together! Can't wait to see you in less than 2 weeks!