Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Well, today was an interesting Christmas if there ever was one.  With Kim and Brandon being in D.C., and Jon being in Iraq, it was bitter sweet.  Renee, Anna and I tried to hold down the Christmas traditions though.  The first to be broken was not having a stocking at our feet when we woke up.  Instead I woke up to Renee being ridiculous and vacuuming at 8:30 in the morning.  Which I thank my wonderful father for because he ticked her off last night when he bagged on her for having a dirty house.  Oh the day when Jon comes home and puts her back in line will be a wonderful day!  Then I had the privilege of making breakfast. I was rather proud of myself.  The only down side was the lack of home-made biscuits.  Then came present opening and dad complaining as usual.  What would Christmas be if he actually liked what we got him?  It was a wonderful morning minus those few flaws.  Then I decided to clean my room (it was much needed as I have no time during the week).  It looks amazing if I do say so myself.  I was even ambitious enough to hang up a few more things: some things in memory of my Grandpa Chuck, a mirror and a bulletin board in hopes of being more organized.  I even changed my sheets (thanks to Kim and Brandon getting me new satin sheets).  Then I was really bored so I painted my nails Christmas red. Of course ruining a few.  And last but not least of the big events was Christmas dinner.  Complete with prime rib, yorkshire pudding, veggies and potatoes.  It was wonderful!  Now there is talk of playing a game, and going to a movie, but I am pretty sure the movie will get vetoed as I have yet to change from my pajamas.  There are really no great stories from Christmas yet.  The highlights have been dressing LALA (Renee and Jon's dog) in reindeer ears and making her dance, Renee feeding McGraw (my mom's dog) off of a fork in honor of Kim, Anna freaking out about a Jonas Brothers magazine, and Renee suggesting we pick up the needles from the tree with our hands because we would break her vacuum if we vacuumed them up.  Anyways, we dearly missed you Kim, Brandon and Jon.  Next year is anxiously awaited when we all WILL be together.  Love you!

Oh, and photos will come soon for your viewing pleasure!

No comments: